Wow, what a terrible winter to plan a snowmobile trip! Don't get me wrong, I like the clean roads and a clean truck as bad as the next guy, but sheesh, where the heck is Old Man Winter this year?! Have no fear, Jerry's up there with JC looking down at all those idle sleds thinking of a way for us to pull off this ride, I just know it!
OK, I had a brief conversation with Rod, and we're still looking for some feedback from you Cadillac area folks for some suggestions on what might be a good day trip for us. I don't trust the on-line maps at Fishweb enough to plan a trip from them, so I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a route for us to take to switch things up a bit. I called Betsie Valley Sales & Service in Benzonia and the gentlemen there suggested we park in Wellston, ride Trail 36/368/3 up to Thompsonville for lunch & fuel, and then either head straight back, or ride the 40 mile loop (3/39) around Thompsonville and then head back. Anyone else have any input on this suggestion?? Rod and I are planning to drive up and ride this on Sunday 2/5 weather permitting. We just want to be sure we don't lead 25+ riders on a wild goose chase!
No comments:
Post a Comment